Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Homemade dog treats!!


Since yesterday was Jaxson's birthday, I got into the spirit and baked him some doggy treats!  I was really excited about this until I realized I didn't have any good cookie cutters :(  Make sure you have some on hand for this project!

  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/3 cup cornmeal
  • 1 Tbsp canola oil
  • 1/4 cup chicken broth, low sodium
  • 1 egg
  • 1/8 cup milk, low or fat free
  • 1 egg, beaten for egg wash



1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Whisk together corn meal and wheat flour
3. Add oil, broth, egg, and milk
4. Mix well until all ingredients are combines
5. Roll out dough on floured surface until dough is 1/4" thick
6. Use your cookie cutters to create your shapes
7. Roll remaining dough into a ball and repeat steps 5 and 6, I used the last bit to make a larger round cookie :)
8. Brush the egg wash onto each cookie
9. Bake for 30 mins


Jax loved these treats and they actually smelled pretty good.  When Jarrod got home he asked me what that delicious smell was.   Hopefully your dog child loves them as much as mine did!


Happy Baking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment