Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Cheesy Salsa Mini Meatloaves


I love meatloaf! My mom used to make it when I was growing up and I have never really attempted it.  I found this recipe for a twist on it and thought it would be neat.  I figured it would appeal to the man's taste buds since he likes anything salsa :)  It was a really simple recipe with minimal prep time! (around 5 minutes)

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup  finely chopped onions (optional)
egg 
1-1/2 cups Mexican style shredded cheese
1 cup  chunky salsa12 crackers (about 1/2 cup if you want to crush them before)

1. Heat oven to 400º
2. Mix in first 4 ingredients with only 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup salsa
3. Place mixture into 12 count muffin pan
4. Bake 20-25 mins
5. Top with remaining cheese and salsa, bake an additional 3 mins.




We loved this recipe and there was no need for ketchup!  The only extra suggestion would be to use the foil cupcake liners.  Cleaning out each of the individual containers was a PAIN!  Hope you guys enjoy them as much as we did!

Happy Cooking :)

Stay tuned for Chicken Cordon Bleu tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment