Friday, August 19, 2011

Creamy Ranch Chicken

Wednesday night I wasn't feeling well so my potato soup did not get made :(  I will definitely make it next week sometime!  I am making lasagna tonight which shall be a fun family affair!  Now to last night, I made what is called creamy ranch chicken.  It was extremely delicious and the name is a little misleading.  It is not the prettiest dish, but none the less the tastiest of the options thus far.  I didn't get a picture of it because Jarrod came home right about the time it was finished, and I forgot all about taking a picture... sorry!  It is pretty simple so I don't think you need a picture :)


What you need:


6 slices of bacon
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 tbs flour
2 tbs ranch dry salad dressing mix
1 1/4 cup milk
3 cups of noodles (I used egg noodles again.  I am all about economy sized items)
1 tbs shredded Parmesan cheese


1. Boil the water for your pasta, cook according to package.  In a separate bowl mix together flour and dry ranch mix.
2. Cut bacon into narrow strips, cook over medium heat until crispy, drain all but 2 tbs of the drippings
3. In the same skillet, cook chicken in the remaining bacon grease.  Be sure to turn the chicken so one side is not burnt.
4. Once chicken is cooked thoroughly, add the flour and dry ranch mix to chicken.  Stir well to coat the chicken.  Stir in milk.  
5. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.  Cook 1 minute more after sauce becomes thick.
6. Stir in bacon.
7. Serve over noodles, add Parmesan cheese and enjoy!


Jarrod said he enjoyed this one the best so far!  It packs a LOT of flavor so be ready.  Be sure to make your bacon crispy (some on mine were a little on the soft side, weird texture in the finished product).   Lasagna tonight, then breakfast cups in the morning with chicken and dumplings for dinner!!  We have a packed weekend so it may be Monday before you hear from me again!! 


Happy Friday all

No comments:

Post a Comment