Thursday, September 29, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken & Dumplings

I was browsing some other cooking blogs the other day and couldn't help but feel like my photography skills are lacking.  These people all have professional photographers to take pictures of their meals... then it hit me...

We cook to eat, not to look at the food and say, "ooooh, aaawwww"  so I stopped feeling bad about it! :)

My mom used to make chicken & dumplings in amounts large enough to feed a small army.  We would freeze what we didn't eat and I would have meals for weeks!  Back then I thought it was because my mom knew how much I loved them, but looking back I realize it was probably because it was WAY CHEAPER that way!

Once I moved out I never made chicken & dumplings, and I can't seem to figure out why... then I met Jarrod.  Jarrod said he didn't like them, but I was determined to change his mind!  He tried them and he loved them!

Now it is time to share with everyone else!


You need the following:

1lb boneless chicken breast (slightly thawed)
2 cans (10.75oz) cream of chicken soup
1 package of grands biscuits ( I have learned that the flaky layers, while delicious, do not work well)
*You can also add onion, but we don't like that*

You want to tear your biscuits into pieces before you add them...I like smaller pieces but not everyone does

1. Put your chicken in the crock pot, top it with the soup (and onions if you like them weirdo).

2. Cook them on low for about 8 hours (high for around 5)

3. Roughly 45 mins before they are done add you biscuits

4. Cook about 45 minutes longer or until your biscuits are no longer raw in the center


 I love slow cooker meals because I can put them in the crock pot before work and not have to worry about what is for dinner that night!!  Let me  know what you think!

Happy Crock Potting :)

and yes, I made that up



No comments:

Post a Comment