Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Mmm.. Sour Cream Chicken & a good book :)

My latest literature voyage has started.  George Bush's autobiography, Decision Points, and I must say it is wonderful thus far.


This book gives insight into so many aspects of events that affected our lives.  Aspects that I bet most of us didn't know existed, but influenced his decisions.  I have learned so much, and I am only through chapter 5. (They are pretty long chapters)  Jarrod enjoys the book too, although I think he might enjoy having me read to him more than the book itself :)  There are so many critics of George W. out there (I am not included... LOVE HIM) that should read this book.  Even if you disagree with his beliefs, policies, procedures, etc. it may help you understand that the decisions he made where not whimsical.  He has experts, administrators, Generals, Intelligence officers, so on and so forth, telling him what was good for the country and it's people whether they thought he would agree or not.  

I am not attempting a political persuasion, just offering food for thought.  It is a good read at least and a tool for understanding the former President, maybe even creating a little compassion, at best.

Now, I am sure you are tired of my ranting so here is the food!!


Looks pretty boring, yes.  It tasted phenomenal (if you don't like sour cream you may disagree).  I am dubbing this the Italian Sour Cream Chicken, creative I know!  It was rather simple, but I wanted something different.  A twist :)

I used the following:

4 chicken breast
2-3 tbs of sour cream
a dash of Tony's (I put this on EVERYTHING)
1/4 zesty Italian dressing

I marinated the chicken in the 2nd and 3rd ingredients Then cooked them over the stove at just above medium heat until they were cooked thoroughly.  Try not to flip them more than once if you want even browning.  When they were about 3/4 of the way done I added the Italian dressing to the pan.

I served it up with some green beans and Voila!  Simple :)  It took me about 10-15 mins in the kitchen and it was a really good (and somewhat healthy) meal!  Jarrod said the chicken was really tender!  Try it out and let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment