Friday, October 7, 2011

Ahhh, Holiday Season :)

I am so glad holiday season is here!  Since I lost all of my holiday decorations I am getting to start from scratch.  To some, that may sound daunting, but to me that sounds like opportunity!  With the idea of buying a new house that is much bigger than the one we are in now, I have developed so many ideas.  Holding myself back is proving extremely difficult!  I just keep crafting!! Plus, it doesn't help when you make OUTRAGEOUS finds at the local Home Depot.  I scored a basket full of what they called "trash".  When they trim the wood for other customers, they throw the scraps away! HOW DARE THEY!! Don't they know I can use them?! Well, they learned... I bought the entire cart of wood for $4... that is right $4!

 Have I mentioned that I will have an actual craft ROOM in the new house? :)  Can you tell I'm excited? Ha... understatement!  I will no longer have to work around dogs and kids and Jarrod!  Nor will I have to vacuum up all my craft dust every night!! Woo Hoo!

Anywho, here is what I worked on last night until midnight!



It turned out much different than I had originally planned, but I like it!  It was so simple, and I got everything for 50% off at my favorite local store :)  Hobby Lobby!  I took a thin wooden letter and decoupaged it with torn pages from a book. (yes I actually destroyed a book, ahhh!)  I made a little bow with burlap, a flower out of a book page, and then glued the leather rope around the edges...  Really was simple!  Jarrod even helped with the hot glue gun!  

Do not fret my fellow crafters, I am working on lots of fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving projects right now, I just have yet to finish them!  As you can see, I get distracted :)  I will have them up in plenty of time for you to copy them if you would like! 

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment